Monday, January 10, 2011
Officially official: Hyundai Veloster 2012 Model Year
Hyundai launches its long-anticipated Veloster Coupe at the 2011 North American Auto Show!
The all-new Hyundai Veloster 2012 features unique styling. The model features unique third-door for easy entry to the rear seats. The all-new Veloster is powered by Hyundai's all-new 1.6L GDI four-cylinder engine which churns out 138 horsepower at 6.300 rpm and 123 pound-feet of torque at 4,850 rpm.It is also equipped with Hyundai's first dual-clutch automatic gearbox!
Here are some Veloster coupe highlights as stated by Hyundai Motor Company:
HIGHLIGHTS FOR 2012 VELOSTER
- unique 3-door coupe design
- Coupe design with the functionality of a hatch and a passenger-side forward-hinged rear door
- All-new 1.6-liter GDI Gamma engine
- six-speed manual transmission and Hyundai's first dual-clutch transmission
- 40 mpg highway (estimated)
- Standard multi-function seven-inch touch-screen display
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone system with voice recognition
- Standard Blue Link telematics platform
- Blue Link Assurance provides a free introductory period of complementary core safety services including Automatic Crash Notification (ACN) and Assistance, SOS Emergency Assistance, and Enhanced Roadside Assistance.
- Blue Link Essentials provides Voice Text Messaging, Remote Door Unlock / Lock, Remote Horn & Lights, Panic Notification, Remote Vehicle Start, Alarm Notification, Quick Tips, Location Sharing, Automated Diagnostic Trouble Code Notification, Maintenance Alert, Monthly Vehicle Report, Recall Advisor, Web Vehicle Diagnostics, Stolen Vehicle Recovery, Stolen Vehicle Slowdown, Vehicle Immobilization, Valet Alert, Geofence, Speed Alert, Curfew
Hyundai Veloster 2012 is the sixth vehicle in Hyundai's 24-7 version 2.0 product initiative which means the automaker plans to launch seven new models in 24 months. So far, Hyundai has already released the 2011 Tucson, Sonata sedan, Elantra compact car and Equus flagship sedan. The all-new Accent is going to be next Hyundai launch.